This summer Ben's weekly day off is Tuesday, and our little family has come to love the fun things we do together on Daddy's day off. I posted a few of the fun things we have done and do when we have a day together as a family. We almost always end the day with a treat, and more than once it has come from Cold Stone. Chocolate ice cream, almonds, brownie, and caramel: Ben's new favorite Cold Stone combo- :) Scout is good with anything as long as it has sprinkles (I even have to put sprinkles on her toast in the morning sometimes) and Boston will eat any treat you give her. We love our Tuesday treats.
Anyway, we enjoyed a little vacation to Bryce canyon with the Kamalu family (okay that was a little bit more than one day off but it was really great), a hike to the Timpanogos Caves, visits to the living planet aquarium (which we think is a rip off, but we have still gone twice ???), swimming, Temple Square just for fun, too many dinners eating out (I actually caught the shrimp in my mouth at Tepanyaki), and of course many, many rounds of ski ball at the BYU game center. Boston and Scout start yelling with excitement before we even reach the door, and I am reminded of how little it takes to please a child. Needless to say, we have loved our days out with Daddy, and we are trying to make the most of the few we have left before the LAST semester starts. Tuesdays have brought laughter, relaxation, a little bit of adventurous disaster, and another summer that has come and gone all too quickly.
Daddy and the girls eating ice cream. We love Tuesdays at Cold Stone. Buy
one kids cup get one free! They are the perfect size for little ones.
Scout: "Mom, can I play baseball at B.I.U?" Mom: "I think you mean ski ball at BYU" I don't know why she says B.I.U. She knows how to say BYU, but it makes me smile every time she says it.
Mommy and Scout getting ready to start the hike.
Our little family
The whole gang! (and Phil's muscles of course)
Boston all snuggled up for the night (It snowed on our tent one night)
What a beautiful Place!
Daddy and the girls freezing at Bryce look-out point
Mommy's little hiker pal. She hiked the whole thing all by herself. I was very proud of her two-year-old little legs and remined of her tw0-year-old determined spirit.




3 comments:
Tuesdays sound like so much fun at your house! Your poem made me cry..We are definately blessed with girls and your poem was describing our life so well! Love you!
I so wish Chris would have a day off in the middle of the week. What a way to break up the monotony of the long week. Your family is adorable! (Am I surprised?) It was great to see McKell and being at camp reminded me that I'm glad I can just go visit. It just wouldn't be the same without you.
We hiked timp the other day, too. Carter hiked the whole way and I too was so impressed that he could do it! I'm glad we can keep in touch through this blogging thing! HUGS
I love the pictures of your cute family. It looks like the Kamalu family has really fun Tuesdays (and other days too) Hugs
Post a Comment