Every year Ben (or Keahi as he is called by his luau group) dances at the Thanksgiving Point Labor Day Luau, and it is one of my favorite events. I love the spirit and dances of Polynesia, and the setting at Thanksgiving point is perfect for a luau. Somehow, no matter how many times I see the dances and hear the music, I still love it the same every time. I guess I am just filled with a grattitude for the many different cultures there are to celebrate, and I am so glad that Ben loves this part of his heritage. The girls love to cheer and clap for their daddy, and even though it was a little CHILLY this year, we had a great time. Sorry my pictures aren't that great....okay they are pretty bad, but I love them all the same. Mahalos to Maria and Junior for all their hard work, and for their little ones who get dragged to all the practices and such, but still love it and smile anyway. Maria gets extra points for being 9 months pregnant and still doing it all. This is a tradition I love.
Haka




3 comments:
That looks like so much fun! Your girls look so cute in their shirts and flowers! That is so great that they love and appreciate that part of their heritage! They always will!!
wow! that is so much fun! the girls look so cute! please let us know next year we would love to come! i LOVE your blog and i am so glad we saw you at the wedding! let's plan a zoo trip!
Looks like so much fun. I am sad that we missed it. Your little babies are looking so much bigger already! I can't believe it. Miss you guys...Lish
Post a Comment