Journal Monday 9th of March 2009:
Okay. So there is laundry, dust, dishes, and ironing to do, clean, organize etc.
I will always have housework, but I will not always have little children running about my feet wanting me to play with them, read to them, sing with them, or rock them.
Tonight as we were driving home from some family night activities, I was thinking about life, and I came to the definite conclusion that these are the best days of my life. These days when my children are small, and so is my bank account.
My health is good. My belief in dreams is still strong. Things are still possible.
I know full well that happpiness is free for the taking and demands creation.
My hope is real, and my lack of wisdom finds me searching.
What's around the corner is alive in my anticipation- And it keeps me bright-eyed.
My furniture isn't fancy. My clothes are simple. My needs are met, and my wants are exciting.
My treasures call me mom, and
I still notice the flowers blooming each spring.
The roof over my head is big enough for love.
My blessings outweigh my trials, and...
I'm a sucker for slow dancing with my husband.
Yes, these are the best days of my life, and tonight......
I just wished I could hold on even tighter.




6 comments:
That's such an amazing outlook on life. It's really true. We can't take for granted these small moments. These are the times our parents always tell us about. They really are the best!
Can I publish that? Or at least quote it in Relief Society? Or at least copy it and put it on my fridge? You're the best!
Mary Jane,
You have always made me feel better about myself than I probably deserve to. You may do what you will with it. Thank you so much for your comments. Many times you have made my day. :)
I am always wishing to hold tighter, too. It's hard, isn't it?
I loved your line about your belief in dreams still being strong.
I love your writing too, Brooke.
Brooke.
You are darling and a very talented writer. I love this post. Thanks. xoxo
I love everything you write. You are an amazing mother and friend. I miss you so much. We are always up for a date night. Cam goes to working days in a couple weeks so we will have more free time. Call me!!!
Post a Comment