Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lately...

Scout has been making me laugh with things like this:

Scout:"Hey Mom? Do you want to have a girl fight?"
Me: " Hmmm, what is a girl fight?"
Scout: "It is when you go like this." After which she started to flail her arms up and down really fast in front of her face.
Me Laughing: "Where did you hear about a girl fight?"
Scout: "I don't know. Boys fight all the time."
Me: "I don't think I want to have a girl fight."


Talking on a pretend phone I heard her say, "Hello? Wedgie? I was wondering
if you had any questions around here?"

I laughed, but come to think of it, I would have a lot of questions if I were
a wedgie...like,

"How did I get in here in the first place?"
"How am I going to get out?"
"Why is it so dark?"
For that matter, "Why me?"
"How did she get my phone number? There is never good reception in here."
And
"How do I live with myself once I get out?"

So, if you are a wedgie and have some questions, Scout would be more than willing to answer some of those for you.

Little ones say the funniest things.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my word...thanks for the laugh! I'm so glad that I checked your blog because I needed a good chuckle!! I have got to keep better track of the funny things lexi says!!! Love you guys!!!

Elizabeth said...

I like your clever questions in response. :)

Remember to Breathe said...

I'm glad you write things like that down, too! We think we could never forget, but we will. I think it's hilarious that she even knows the word wedgie! Haha! Hey I opened my blog for a couple of weeks, so if you guys want an invite, just leave me your email...

Julia Davis said...

This is HILARIOUS! "Kids say the darndest things" ever for sure! She is adorable!

elisha said...

That's funny. Words are funny and interesting when your little. I was just telling Phil about the time we named an eraser that looked like the Mr. Planter peanut (only it was a corn) a "bosom". We had no idea what it meant, but the word was just absolutely hilarious and wonderful. I have vivid memories of saying it over and over again while passing the "bosom" back and forth to each other while in the car. I'm surprised we didn't have to fold our arms, look out opposite windows, and be quiet!

Stella said...

Oh my goodness! I love her so much. Maisie and Ace are my adoptive parents. Their daughter Jeanette is my best friend. I used to live with them in that ward. I love that ward so much. You are so lucky! They really are an amazing family! Small world!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke its Karie your long lost cousin in colorado! Your blog is hilarious. Just wanted to let you know that Trent and I have a blog now. trentkarie.blogspot.com

Peery Family said...

Oh..that's hilarious! Kids say the cuttest things. Thanks for sharing that. It made my day!